Friday, January 1, 2010

Week 12

Today marks the 12th week. As the first trimester draws slowly to a close, I have to wonder what the next 12 weeks will bring. This has been such an exciting time. Hopefully the baby bump will appear soon and I'll start to look pregnant instead of just chubby!

I'm battling insomnia like you can't believe. I've been so restless when I go to bed that I've gotten up and slept on the couch or in bed upstairs to keep from waking Tommy and Rox. I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep a night but not falling asleep until after 4:00 am and sleeping in the next day. That will come to a screaming halt on Monday. I go back to work. We'll see how I do next week on 2 hours of sleep! I guess if nothing else, it's good practice.

We've had a great week off. It's the first time we've been off and not gone on a trip. We've been lazy and enjoyed every minute of it. I think we must have needed it. Roxie has enjoyed having us home. I think she'll be almost as sad as we are to go back to work.

Week 12- the baby has more than doubled in size, weighing about 1/2 oz and measuring about 2 1/2 inches long. He/She is suppose to be about the size of a lime. Most of the systems have formed, but there is maturing to do. The digestive system is beginning to practice contraction movements. The bone marrow is producing white blood cells and the pituitary gland has started producing hormones.

No comments:

Post a Comment