Sunday, May 6, 2012

Little Helper Tower

Pawpaw has been hard at work again for Erin.  This time he's building us a Helper Tower.  It's a fold- able wooden tower that we're going to keep in the kitchen.  I found the blueprints on line and Daddy made it today.  They well them on line for $300 dollars and after I paint it we'll be $75.00 into it.  That, of course, doesn't count Pawpaw's labor and devotion!

Here's a picture of it tonight.  He'll put the top rung on tomorrow and bring it over sanded and primered.  I'm going to paint it pink and yellow.  At first I wanted something to match the kitchen, then I said what the heck.  I'll make it cute and girly.  I love, love, love this thing.  Gram already told Pawpaw to start building her one when this one is done!

They use the rungs on the side to climb in thru the arch.  You push it up against the cabinet in the front and the little lip on the seat and the rung in the back still left to go on keeps them inside.  It's just too cute and clever!  Have I told you how much I love, love, love it?  I'll put pics of the finished product on line when done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment