Where to start?
Roxie is responding very well to the medication they prescribed and the fluid is not coming back quickly. It will come back, but the longer it takes the better. The bad news is that she gets 7 pills a day to keep her in this condition! My scrambled brain is supposed to remember to give her these pills everyday. So far I think I have, and if I didn't, I don't remember doing it!:)
Erin went to the ENT doctor yesterday. She has surgery on Monday, August 20th for tubes and to have her adenoids removed. She has recurrent ear infections so her pediatrician recommended the tubes. One look at her snotty nose and the ENT said her adenoids need to come out too. Said they harbor infection and that is likely why she ALWAYS has a snotty nose.
We are both at peace with the surgery. We've know so many kids who have had to have it that we know it's going to be okay. I say that now, but don't anyone try to tell me that next Monday morning! In the end, she will feel better and that's all that matters.
Tommy is going back to his old job investigating fraud. He has been a mobile field worker for the past 4 years, but his old unit was posting again for openings and he felt like he'd been out of it long enough and missed it. He applied, interviewed and will start back with SIU (Special Investigative Unit) the first week of September. It's still with State Farm, just a different department. Way more interesting dealing with criminals and fraud than old ladies and torn up mailboxes. He's very happy with his decision and looks forward to going back "home".
Not much to report on me. Still at the same job, still very busy. But, I did horn in on Erin's time with the ENT yesterday. After we talked about her and he was getting ready to leave I asked him about my bronchitis that I keep getting. I just wanted to know if I needed to see an ENT or keep treating with my PCP every time it comes back. He told me to make an appointment to see them. He said there are causes for recurring bronchitis. So, once Erin is happy and healthy again, Momma will go to the doctor. In the meantime, my cough is much better and I'm able to be around people again. I had to work 4 days from home last week and the week before because my cough was to annoying to my work neighbors!
All the updates I have for now. Will keep you posted on Mize happenings later.
No comments:
Post a Comment