Thursday, July 25, 2013

Time for Your Check-Up...

We had our well kid check up yesterday with Dr. Elahee.  (It's actually Dr. Elahee-White now since she got married last year, but I can't seem to make the change...)  Or as Erin calls her "Dr. Ele-fee".

Since we're potty trained for pee pee we just HAD to check out the bathroom in the waiting room.  Super Yay there.  After that we were called back and put in our room.  Erin is super nosey so of course she opened the exam room door to watch the other kids/nurses in the hall.

Dr. Elahee came in and gave us the head to toe once over.  She is sooooo good with Erin.  Since Erin loves to watch Doc McStuffins, she told Dr. E all about what she was doing as she examined her.  She was a big girl and didn't give us an ounce of problem.

Speaking of ounces... Here are her 3 year stats:

Weight: 36 pounds - 75% percentile
Height: 37.75 inches - 70% percentile

I actually thought was was taller then that.  I guess there are just some shorties in her class.  I was so proud of her.  She stood on the scale and stood by the height chart like a big girl and only had to be told once how to do it.

She's hitting all her milestones and surpassing some of them.  Momma and Erin together are not doing so good on the nutrition.  I try to get her to eat the right things, she refuses, I give in because I don't want her to be hungry when she goes to bed.  That would break my heart.  We're going to make an effort to get better at that one.

She got one shot yesterday and laid down on the table for the nurse with no problem.  I had to hold her arms and the nurse held her legs and make it quick.  Erin just said "Owwey" and never cried.  She took that shot like a champ and then got up smiling at the nurse who gave her a shinny silver band-aid.  I couldn't believe it.  Shots hurt!!! 

We got kudos on the discipline we use for her.  Erin is very willful and stubborn and will not listen or mind me most of the time.  (I am getting mine back in spades according to Gram...)  We use the time out rug and she has started refusing to sit down on it.  (It's the rug in front of the back door.  It just seemed like a good spot to sit her in when we first instituted time out.  I can keep an eye on her there and ignore her at the same time like you're supposed to do.)  Since that is not working too well, I started putting her in our room and closing the door to get her attention.  She hates being locked in there by herself and the waterworks and drama soon follow.  Tommy said we were making her feel abandoned but I knew it was just the right thing to snap her out of her attitude.  Dr. Elahee said I was doing the right thing.  I only leave her in there about a minute.  As long as we get lots of hugs when she comes out of time out all should be okay.  (We do hug and make up and then talk about why she went to time out in the first place.)

Erin continues to be the best sleeper EVER!  She goes to bed between 7:00 and 7:30 after her story books and potty.  She usually settles down around 7:30 or 8:00 and sleeps until 6:30.  Her bedtime is early by most parental standards but it works for us.  She obviously needs the sleep since she has stated refusing to nap at school.  We talk to her about it but there is little we can do to make her nap at school.  At home we follow the same schedule they keep at school to make sure her routine is consistent.  (I know again with my OCD!)

All in all the three of us seem to be doing a good job.  Now if I could only get Mae in line...

No comments:

Post a Comment