I just love this time of year. The weather is spectacular and everyone seems to be in good spirits. It doesn’t compare to Christmas time, but it comes close.
The Astros are playing and I love it. I haven’t gotten to watch a game yet because I’ve been crazy busy at work but I will! I wish I could have been in NY for Opening Day. It’s just the perfect time of year to sit and watch them play with the roof open at Minute Maid.
I think we may take Erin to a game this year. I taught her “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” when she was about 2. She still sings it all the time and loves it. She doesn’t know that the real words are “root, root, root for the home team”. I taught her to root, root, root for the Astros.
I was younger than she was when I went to my first Astros game. I can remember sitting between my Grandpa and my Daddy. I don’t remember eating peanuts and stuffing them in my cheeks while neither one of them were paying attention. My mom said it took me hours to eat all of them.
Go ‘Stros!
No comments:
Post a Comment