Monday, March 1, 2010

The Big Let Down

Okay, today was the 20 week ultrasound. We both agree on one thing. It was a total let down!!!

The doctor met with us as usual and fired up the ultrasound machine. They told us to bring a DVD to record it. We did. Tommy gathered round and we anxiously waited for the images of the baby to pop up there. Dr. Strong was pointing to things and poking my stomach hard trying to get the baby to open her legs for the money shot. It took forever.

She finally cooperated and Dr. Strong told us he's 85% sure it's a girl. Seriously??? He was pointing stuff out along the way and Tommy and I were both just nodding and saying okay. When it was over and the doctor had left we were both laughing at the fact that all we saw was static. I looked just like a TV at 3:00 in the morning with the cable unplugged. Neither one of us saw a single thing. As for the 85%, that's just Dr. Strong. I told Tom we will never get a 100% confirmation out of him until the minute she's born. He's just very cautious.

When the tech did her ultrasound 3 weeks ago it really looked like a baby. You could see her head, legs, fingers all of it. Today it just looked like an ant fight! If anyone is interested we have about a 20 minute video of a bunch of blurry staticy images. I'm not sure if it was his technique or if the ultrasound machine the tech uses is just that much better. But the difference between them is incredible. I won't be posting any pictures from this visit. They aren't worth taking up cyberspace.

The good news and really the most important part is that the doctor said that everything with the baby looked normal and good and that she is very, very active in there. He said I should be able to feel her moving around any day now.

I went at lunch today and bought all the bedding for her room. The furniture will be delivered on Saturday so by Sunday the room should be put together. I had to order the curtains on line, because they didn't have them in stock, but they'll be here within a week. I'll post pictures when it's all done.

Roxie still hasn't decided if she likes the idea of a little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment