Monday, May 9, 2011

A Very Busy Week...

We're back from our week long cruise and Erin Grace has been very busy.

While Mommy and Daddy were gone, Gram and Pawpaw were in charge. And when I say they were in charge, I mean they were here with Erin while she ran the show!

Before we left, Erin was getting up on all 4s and rocking back and forth. We knew it wouldn't be long until she was crawling. Tommy and I had been laughing because we both knew that no matter when we left for the cruise, she was going to crawl while we were gone. Yes, you guessed it. She started crawling Wednesday night. Granny Mize was in on Wednesday during the day to spend the day with Erin but unfortunately she waited until Granny was gone to start her tricks.

So, to recap her week. Erin learned to crawl, sit up on her own, say dog...rrr, and to drink thru a straw. Pawpaw told me when he went to get her out of bed on Thursday morning, she was sitting up in the bed smiling at him and playing with the flowers on her sheets. I had seen her sit up on her own once the week before we left, but she hadn't been able to do it again. Gram said she learned "dog...rrr", while we were gone, but we've only heard it once since yesterday.

The other surprise came last night when she showed us she could use a straw. Since we were gone and I hadn't went to the store, so we ate out last night. We were at a little Mexican place by the house and I ordered her a child's water. Just to see, I held it for her. To my surprise, she started sucking it right up like she's known how to drink from a straw her whole life.

Attached is a little video of her crawling. She's still practicing and reverts back to scooting on her rear and rolling a lot, but she can get there now.

Warning - she does a lot of "talking" too and this isn't the world's most exciting video.

span

No comments:

Post a Comment