Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Crash Landing...

Erin reached another milestone today.  And not a good one...

We have a very tall bed.  It has a very thick pillow top mattress and a tall frame so it comes up to about my waist.  Up until now, the Mizes had managed to get to 2 years old before Erin took a header off of the bed.  I guess I should just be thankful it took this long and that she's okay.

She was having a terrible morning.  She was crying over EVERYTHING and nothing was making her happy.  We periodically have these mornings where she pitches little fits and cries over absolutely the tiniest things.  I think they call it being 2.

I was trying to change her diaper so I had her laying on our bed.  She managed to get away from me and off the changing pad and onto the bed.  From there, she grabbed the changing pad and sunk her teeth into it all the while she was screaming bloody murder.  She was sitting on her bottom with the changing pad in her teeth across the bed from me with her back to the side.  I was talking calmly to her and trying to get her to settle down.  She then started pulling on the changing pad like a rabid dog and yanked it out of her own teeth.  She pulled the changing pad out of her own teeth so hard that it knocked her backwards when it came out.  I lunged across the bed and Tommy ran from the other side of the room but we were too late.  She flipped off the bed backwards and landed in a heap on the floor on the other side of the bed. 

Whoa was she ticked after that.  I just thought there were tears before that!  She burst into even more of a fit because she was scared.  Nothing seemed to be hurting her, but I know her little teeth had to hurt.  I can't believe she didn't rip a hole in the changing pad!

I feel bad that it happened but she doesn't seem any worse for wear and tonight she was in a great mood.  We'll be taking her to the vet this week anyway to get a rabies shot!  Roxie couldn't have gotten a better grip on that changing pad.  It was crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment