Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sweet Dreams...

We are officially set up for a toddler now.  We converted Erin's bed this weekend to the toddler bed.  She is spending the night with Gram and Pawpaw and wasn't here to help us today.  I think she'll be surprised to find her big girl bed all set up and ready to go. 

Tomorrow's big test will be her nap.  My parents are supposed to bring her home in time to take a nap here.  We're both kind of nervous to see what happens.  Erin is such a good sleeper that we have gotten spoiled to it.  Dr. Elahee told us it was time for the toddler bed and Erin has made like she is going to climb out once or twice, so we decided just to do it.

The biggest thing was strapping the furniture to the walls today.  I've seen enough friends kids climb up the dresser to know that my little Angel would be happy to follow in their footsteps.  So, I ordered the straps and we put them on today.  Yes, it took both of us to move her one dresser/hutch combo.  It weighs a ton. 

All we need now if a toddler!

This isn't the permanent bedding I'm going to use.  Erin hates to be covered up and the comforter I'm getting is down, so we'll wait until it gets cooler to put it on the bed.  In the meantime, this is her crib quilt that went with her baby bedding that never got used.  It won't be used tomorrow either.  She'll cry and kick it off, but I wanted to see what it all looked like together.   It turned out too cute.  I love Pottery Barn Kids stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment