Monday, June 24, 2013

We're Back...

We're back from vacation and it's bittersweet...

I'm sad that it's over but I'm elated to get to be with Erin again.  I didn't realize how much I missed her until I picked her up in that first big bear hug.

The best part of the trip was not worrying about her at all.  I bought the internet plan on the ship and took my ipad.  We got nightly updates and pictures on what she was doing.  I think she possibly could have had more fun then we did.  It was ice cream and popsicles for breakfast and sleep was done in Gram and Pawpaw's bed right between them.

We have a very relaxing time.

First stop was Honduras.  We'd never been there.  It was very pretty.  The sand was like sugar.  The people were very nice but like any of those islands, you see so much poverty getting to the nice resort where we stayed on the beach all day.  It makes me very thankful for all that I have. It worked out fine for us.  Tommy had booked some tour off the internet and they picked us up right from the dock.  We spent the day at the Bananarama Beach Resport.  The wind blew the clouds away and we end

We then went to Belize.  We've been there twice before and loved it.  This time it wasn't quite as nice. The tropical storm in the Gulf make for a very windy day there.  It was overcast most of the day.  It actually turned out to be a good thing because it was so hot the day before in Honduras.  We needed a cooler day before tackling Mexico.

Next stop was one of our favorites.  We love Cozumel.  I highly recommend it if you've never been.  The water is beautiful and the diving and snorkeling is supposed to be some of the best in the world.  As for us, we sat on the beach again.  It was 3 straight days of beach breaks for us.  It was so nice to just sit and relax and get in the water to splash around.  This resort Tommy booked on line and they limit the spaces to us 100 people.  It was so nice and calm.  And, in Cozumel they don't walk the beaches trying to sell you crap.  You can lay out without being bothered.  Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment