Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sweat Shop Momma...

Loving the new sewing machine I got as an early Mother's Day present.  I ordered it early because I was on a sewing kick.  Tommy relented but hates to give presents early.  I think I wore him down!

I've been to Joann about a dozen times and bought all kinds of material and patterns.  This new machine takes a lot of the work out of it and I put things together much faster.  It's complicated and easy at the same time!!

I'm branching out to harder patterns and I'm going to tackle a pair of pants next instead of just dresses.  I bought the material yesterday and loved the pattern.  Saw this yellow material and decided to make a little dress last night.  It takes about a 2 hours to make these this particular little dress so I did it last night while Tommy was at the Rockets game and Erin was in bed.

The sewing relaxes me and I've really been on a streak lately.  I've been very stressed at work and I seem to love to come home and work on things at night.  It's my therapy.  I just dread the day that Erin decides these are too Homemade looking to be cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment