It started off funny and got funnier. We were in the airport at the gate waiting for Amy and Billy the Kid. It was 5:00 in the morning and we were at the last gate at the end of the hall. I was letting Erin run around a little to work off some energy. She was at the window watching the planes when Amy and William got there. I was hugging Amy and we were about 10 seconds into a conversation since they had just walked up. I look over and Erin is pushing one of those luggage dollies and William is riding it like a surfboard. It all happened in a matter of seconds! It scared me and I thought it was hilarious all at the same time. This set the tone for the trip.
The plane ride was eventful since Erin has no volume control. Her ears were stopped up and she was talking really loud. We made the mistake of letting the kids sit together on the first flight. They were fighting over the armrest before we even left the gate. Problem solved, I just put the armrest up. But...they kept touching each other's seat. Oh, how it brought back memories of riding in the back of my Momma's Monte Carlo (with no seat belt) fighting with Amy about the imaginary line in the backseat.
We had a great visit with the Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. Almost all of them turned up for the BBQ/family reunion on Saturday. My Aunts went above and beyond the call of duty on the party. I think the biggest hit was the Bouncy House. (Yay Aunt Sheila and Aunt Sheryl!) It was such a home run that my older cousins were in it too and even I had to go down it once or twice!
We also went to the park and the kids got to feed the ducks and geese. I have pictures below of all the ducks, bread and kiddos. We were with my cousin Justin's kids and they were terrific with Erin and William.
My cousin Matt has a Gator and he more than happily gave the kids rides on it. My Aunt Sheryl lives on a huge farm and they had plenty of space to ride and run. There is a small 4 wheeler there too, but they're too little for it. I think they rode a tractor or two while they were there and even climbed up in a Combine.
All in all it was a great trip. I love the fact that we were able to get most of the family together. We don't see them very often, but when we do it's just like we've never been apart. I handed out tons of invitations to come stay with us. I just made sure to tell my Snow Bunnies to come in October or April. That's the nicest weather we get! They could always come in the "winter" and laugh at us for thinking it's cold!!
Love to all that came and a big thank you for all that you did!
No comments:
Post a Comment