Saturday, August 1, 2015

Splash Day…

We had a Splash Day yesterday at one of The Woodlands parks.  It’s really cool.  They have a splash pad for the little ones and 2 water slides and a Lazy River.

I took off work while I still can before school starts.  We loaded up the fam and went.  We got there right when the gates opened at 10:00.  What I really liked is the number of Lifeguards they had on duty.  It was impressive because by the time we left the Day Camps had shown up and you could have walked across the pool on heads and never got your feet wet. 

It wasn’t crowded at all in the morning.  We packed a lunch and some snacks and the kids were in hog heaven.

Both of them are good swimmers now.  The pool is shallow enough that Erin had touch and William can too if the water is calm.  With all the splashing he had to keep bouncing to stay afloat. 

I think the kid’s slide was a hit.  You have to be 48 inches to ride the big slide and they aren’t there yet.  Erin loved the Lazy River too.  She refused to get in a float and swims ahead of you.  It’s work to keep up with her.  Nothing relaxing about the Lazy River when you’re with her.

We were there most of the day and I think we hit the sweet spot on leaving.  She was very tired and even admitted she had had a long day.  She didn’t resist when it was time to go!  That’s when you know they’re tired.

 

DSCF0002 DSCF0003  DSCF0004DSCF0005 DSCF0009 DSCF0011DSCF0014  DSCF0016 DSCF0019 DSCF0020 DSCF0028 DSCF0030 DSCF0031 DSCF0033 DSCF0034 DSCF0035

No comments:

Post a Comment