Wednesday, August 19, 2009

D.I.Y

Okay, I got inspired this weekend to do fix it up jobs.

I added greenery and some pottery to the space above my cabinets. I love it. I didn't realize my kitchen needed something until it was up. It made it warm and doesn't look cluttered like I thought it would. I bought greenery I think I can just throw in the washing machine when it gets dusty. We'll see.

In my zest to fix it up, I also decided to tackle mom's guest bedroom. We're doing the decorating on a shoestring budget so we had to improvise. I bought some material, batting and had a piece of plywood cut to make a headboard. Worked on it last night and think it turned out pretty good. Daddy and I will hang it this weekend and I'll take some pictures of the end results. Momma and I will be buying a comforter and curtains to match, but we need to get the headboard hung to get an idea of what we want.

Tommy will be headed to the Texan's game on Saturday instead of helping with Project Guestroom, but Roxie will be assisting. Look for pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment