Okay, my heart is bigger then my head...We have another dog now, at least temporarily...
It was storming and pouring down rain today when I came home. There were some workers sitting a truck and a golden retriever mix was fantically trying to get into the truck with them. The dog was literally freaking out and climbing all over the truck. I stopped and he tried to get into the truck with me. I pulled away when he got under the worker's truck.
I just couldn't quit thinking about him and was worried they would hurt him when the pulled away. So, in the pouring rain, in my work clothes, I tromp down the street to rescue the dog. He comes running up to me and I put him on Roxie's pink leash and brought him home. He's now in the backyard resting comfortably by the back door. He's very calm now that it isn't storming anymore.
I called the number on his tag - a vet in Temple!!! And the were able to track down the owner. Lucky for me the owner actually called back!!! She was a very nice lady who lives here in Spring Trails. She got the dog from someone in Temple. She said he just goes nuts in the thunder and lightning and somehow got out of her fence.
Luckily, Roxie will still be an only dog! I know Tommy was thinking he was going to be stuck with this dog forever, but I just couldn't leave him out in the storm. So, Bandit's mom will be here to pick him up about 8:00 because she was clear on the other side of Houston.
If Roxie were lost I would want someone to help her. I just couldn't turn my back on poor Bandit. Again, my heart is bigger then my head sometimes...
No comments:
Post a Comment