Tommy did his duty and got down all the boxes. I've added stuff every year so every year there is more to get down. I did actually purged some of the old stuff this year and Goodwill is reaping the rewards of Christmas past. Erin napped on and off in her little chair in the middle of it all and Tommy helped. I think it was more fun for him this year since we have Erin. In the past, he's gotten the boxes down and disappeared upstairs when it was time to decorate. (This worked out well for both of us :))
BEFORE...
AFTER
I also started my Christmas shopping. I didn't go to the crazy Black Friday sales on Friday morning. But, I can totally see me out there in years to come searching for just exactly what Erin wants. I'm sure there will be 4 of them in The Woodlands somewhere and 50,000 moms out there looking for them. (Remember, I'm scrappy, so look out ladies!)Tommy left Friday evening to go hunting. Erin and I were bored and in the Christmas spirit. We went to Target and Garden Ridge. We bought some presents at Target along with some cute little pjs for Erin. She's getting to tall for her 6 month jammies and we're upgrading her to 9 months. (That seems absurd that she's wearing 9 month jammies and she's only 4 1/2 months old! Who do they make these pajamas for? Midgets?)
Over the years and travels, Tommy and I have collected a couple of Margaritaville Christmas ornaments from the various locations we've been to. I thought this year would be a good year to have a Margaritaville/beach themed Christmas tree. They have a ton of beachy ornaments at Garden Ridge, so Erin and I did some Black Friday shopping after all. We bought a little 4 foot Christmas tree to put up in Daddy's Game Room. Daddy will be so surprised when he gets home. We know what a Parrothead he is. He'll love it. (The picture doesn't do it justice!)
The Beach Tree! (Complete with Star Fish tree topper!)
Roxie has had a very taxing weekend. Cousin Bailey is staying with us while Mark and Steph are out of town. Roxie is counting down the minutes until they come pick her up too. She isn't used to having to stand over her empty food bowl all day and night guarding it. They are so funny. It's empty, but Roxie doesn't want Bailey anywhere near it. I forget what it's like to have a young dog around too. Rox isn't much on playing with all her toys. She has a couple of favorites, but usually we instigate a game of fetch and it doesn't last too long. Bailey on the other hand plays with every toy we have. She'll pull them out of the basket one at a time and play with them for about 2 minutes. I'll go behind her picking them up and she'll get them right back out. My living room/dining room/entry hall is littered with baby and dog toys. I give up. They win!!
There was a squirrel on the back fence. This caused much drama, but we chased him away. Everyone can rest at ease tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment