I'm a little late with this post. We were at dinner tonight and Tommy said he was surprised I didn't post a Thanksgiving post on the blog. Duh! I got so busy with life, I forgot to make a post. I just take for granted that everyone knows how thankful I am for my many blessings.
With that being said...Let me emphasize how thankful I am for all my many, many blessings. Let's start at the beginning...
I am so thankful for my parents. Jim and Sandy celebrate their 42nd wedding anniversary in December. They are the most supportive and giving people. They taught me everything I know and have shown me how to love. I can't be thankful for them without being thankful to Louis and Jimmie. They just celebrated their 40th anniversary in November. They are another impressive example of love and faith. Tommy and I are so fortunate to have such great parents. The four of them are a daily example of all that we strive to be.
That leads me to Tommy...Seven and a half years ago, God and State Farm brought me my best friend. We knew each other enough to say hi, but then that one fateful day he called me about a claim...the rest is history. Tommy and Angela = forever! I am so thankful to have found the love of my life and my best friend all rolled up into one terrific, funny, caring man.
From Jim and Sandy and Louis and Jimmie I also got two sisters and two brothers. Only one of them is biologically related to me, but I am thankful that the others were brought into my life as well. Amy, Matthew, Mark and Stephanie are the 4 people in the world Tommy and I can count on the most. It's very reassuring to know they are always there for us. I'm also thankful for two little pint sized Mize boys. Jake and Luke were added to my big family three years ago and I can't remember what life was like without them.
Last but not least, our healthy, happy, beautiful Erin Grace. Four and a half months ago, she took her sweet time coming into this world but oh how it was worth the wait. I am thankful for her every minute of every day. My heart could just explode I'm so happy and in love with that precious baby.
Thursday was a day to honor all that we have been given. I stopped and thanked God, but I forgot to tell everyone about it. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment