I'm still here and still at the house under Mr. Mom's care.
Haven't been blogging much because all I do is sleep! Thankfully I am feeling better every day but I am still so tired. Taking a shower or going to eat lunch wears me out!
Tommy went back to work today since I am able to do some stuff on my own now. I still can't lift or hold anything heavy (including Erin). They told me at the doctor's on Monday when I got my stitches out that they don't even want me carrying my purse! It looked really cute on Tommy when we left there. Chocolate colored fake alligator wears well on my stud. He wasn't even the least bit embarrassed. I'm pretty sure he knew that people knew it wasn't his. (T is so not the European man bag type!)
I go back to the doc on Tuesday because I have a spot they are watching. It was a huge blister along one of the incisions that isn't healing as quickly as the rest. From there they will give me my return to work date and I'll be back in the mix at the Farm.
The time off has really flown by. I guess it's because I've slept thru it. I haven't done anything sewing wise around the house because I have to use my arms and chest too much. Reading is okay but I can only hold my Kindle for so long while laying on my back. I've done some TV watching but by far the biggest part of the day is my snooze fest from the time Erin leaves until she gets home.
Erin is still loving school. She was moved up from the Tumbleweeds to the Jack Rabbits class. She's in class with cousin Luke now. I think she really, really likes it. The teachers tell us how talkative she is now. She never shuts up at home so we just assumed she was like that at school but she wasn't. I guess she has more of her Daddy in her then me. It took her about 2 weeks to size up the class before she started talking like her Momma. She comes home everyday with some sort of art project and this class that she's in goes to chapel on Wednesdays. I'm not sure how long you can get an 18 month to sit in a pew, but it's good practice none the less.
Roxie has fallen in love with Tommy's redneck squirrel feeders in the back yard. She eats who knows what that the squirrels drop but spends most of her mornings and evenings looking out the backdoor wanting to run out and chase them away. Roxie is smart. She doesn't go crazy when she sees them. She just sits at the door like she's done for years making you think she needs to go out to tinkle. The second the door is open, she's like lightning in a bottle and sprints to the finish line at the fence. She barks, they run, then she prances around like she owns the yard. Then she'll come back in and relax again knowing it will be a while before they come back. Crazy! I'll have to catch that one on film.
No comments:
Post a Comment