Saturday, March 2, 2013

Introducing Mae Lynn Mize...

We bought a puppy yesterday. Mae Lynn Mize was born January 11, 2013. She's 7 weeks old and now lives in Spring.

I was hesitant to get another dog, but the house was just too quiet. We talked about it and Tommy told me to do it if it would make me happy. I found some dogs in Willis and loved the pictures on the website. It's a small breeder, not a puppy mill, and she doesn't just breed them for show but for pets.

I knew I wanted another schnauzer. That was a given. So, I drove over there knowing that I needed to go to the ATM first. I withdrew the money just in case.

Good thing I did.

The lady had 2 litters for sale. One Miniature Schnauzer litter and one Toy Schnauzer litter. There were puppies everywhere in that house. It was fun. I knelt down and they came running. Mae jumped in my lap and started licking me immediately. Her sister came over and was sniffing me. The owner said, that's the one you wanted to look at. (I didn't want another solid black one. Mae has white on her lips, chest and both back feet.) It was love at first sight.

The Breeder told me that Mae was very outgoing and followed her everywhere. She said she was the nosiest of the puppies and fearless. From what I saw, she was right. So, Mae came home with me without a name.

I narrowed the names down to 2. Piper and May. (May was one of my grandmother's names.) I just liked it because it sounded nothing like Roxie. I told Tommy and he said we had to spell it Mae since that was more girly. We waited for Erin to get home and gave her the choice of names. She immediately picked Mae and kept calling the puppy Mae. So, Mae Mize was christened. I added Lynn because she needed a middle name and named her after Amy Lynn.

The puppy did prompt some questions from Erin about Roxie (Dee). We told her she was gone and she's okay with that explanation. We're using some of the same dog gear with Mae, and Erin pointed at it and said it was Dee's. Tommy told her no, it was Mae's. She said okay.

I'll post more on our little zoo later. But so far, everyone seems to be adjusting to the major changes of the last week. I'm still sad at times, but this new adventure is lifting my spirits!













No comments:

Post a Comment