It's with a very heavy heart that I write this blog. Last night we had to make the decision that every pet owner dreads. We had to put Roxie to sleep.
She was with me for 12 years and gave me unconditional love. I bought her as a dog for Fritze who didn't handle my divorce really well. I can't believe it's been that long ago because I can't remember my life without Roxie in it. She's been there thru it all and always loved me no matter what.
For those of you who don't know, she's been battling Congestive Heart Failure. The Vet was great with her and amazed that she responded as well as she did to the medications we had to give her. In the end, she was on 7 pills a day. It was crazy because I had to get one of those 7 day pill dividers that has the am/pm dividers on it just to keep up with what we had to give her.
I am truly blessed with Tommy. It was very expensive in the end to keep her comfortable and he never once complained or told me it was too expensive. She got on his nerves a lot, but he grew to love her too over the last 10 years. He always used to laugh at him carrying a hot pink leash with a little wimpy dog on the end of it.
She wasn't the best kids dog and she hated other dogs but she had the best personality. Roxie never once entertained the notion that she was a dog and not a human. She was a snob, she was jealous, she was the queen bee, but she was always my sweet, sweet girl.
I will always love you Roxie Ann Mize.
No comments:
Post a Comment