Friday, May 24, 2013

Photography 101 - Yes, for an idiot!

Took a photography class last weekend.  I really love playing with my camera and want to be able to shoot in Manual mode so I can really see what the camera can do.

I bought the entry level DLSR about 4 years ago and it had buttons that I didn't know what they did.  The class really helped.  The teacher said to shoot a minimum of 50 pictures a day for 30 days to get yourself used to moving your fingers to manipulate the modes.  Well, I'm a wash-up already.  I've taken a couple of shots but haven't devoted myself to it full time!  I do have a life!

Eventually, I'll upgrade my camera because he said we'll get good enough to outgrow what it can do.  I have no doubt that will happen as soon as I buckle down.  Everyone knows when I put my mind to it, I don't stop until I master the task.  (Read obsess until I get it right...)

Here are a couple of my practice shots.  It's hard to get the lighting right when you're dealing with a busy 3 year old!


No comments:

Post a Comment