We started out early on Friday and drove to San Antonio. We took Daddy with us and Amy took Gram with them. We met up almost at almost the same time at one of the stops along the way. From there we caravanned on in.
We saw some shows and looked at animals, but the best part of the day was when we changed the kids into their swimsuits and let them go crazy at the splash pad. It really was hilarious watching them. William was a bit unsure about getting wet and Aunt Lolo (Lois) didn't think he would do it. Three seconds after hurricane Erin ran thru he was right behind her. We had a lot of Monkey See Monkey Do this weekend.
Erin told me later that he favorite part of the day was the Rollercoaster she rode. It was a first for us. She wasn't tall enough to ride the one at the Rodeo this year, but she squeaked by on this one at Sea World. I was so proud of her. She just jumped in there and smiled and laughed thru the whole thing. She had a ball. I rode with her and when it stopped she said "Let's do it again Momma!" That's my brave little girl.
Saturday was spent at Aquatica, the Sea World waterpark. It was terrific. I randomly ran into a coworker and his family and his wife told me they come a couple times a year to do it. We bought the season pass, so I know we'll be back too!
Erin rode her first waterslide with her Daddy and me. It was a 4 person tube and the 3 of us loaded up. I sat her beside me so I could grab her if anything happened. She had her little life jacket on and was prepared for anything. We started out kind of fast and then we were zipping thru the tunnel going way up on the walls and spinning around. All you could see was a huge smile on her face. That slide ended up underneath the sting ray pond so you were looking up at the fish and sting rays. Erin thought that was way cool too. Again, we got off and she immediately asked to do it again!
My child has no fear! She really is the bravest little girl I've ever seen. Not that I'm biased or an expert, but she really will try anything once and I've never seen her afraid of anything!
We moved from there to the kiddie pool area. It had 4 waterslides there of the smaller kind. Erin and William had a blast. They were up and down those slides like crazy. We had a human conveyor belt working to get them up there. One of us was in the pool at the bottom of the slide, another was in the pool at the steps. Someone else was working the outside steps up to the slide and then we had someone stationed at the top of the slides to make sure they stood in line (a concept that is not big in the kiddie area of Sea World) and got going.
Sesame Street characters were there. Again, my child has no fear. I thought she would not like them but she ran up to Abby Caddaby and started talking to her. She was with Cookie Monster and Zoe, but Abby is who Erin likes. Abby had her wand so Erin snatched it out of her hand and was putting spells on everyone. In the picture I took, she's bopping her on the nose with her own wand!
All in all, a great vacation for the family. We were all so impressed with the friendliness and cleanliness of the park we can't wait to do it again. We picked the best weekend too, because there were very few lines and we got to park very close.
Random pics:
Best. Mini. Vacation. Ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment