We're starting Day Two of being home with Erin while she's sick. It all started Sunday night when I picked her up from Momma and Daddy's. She was really clingy and told me she was tired. (For Erin to admit she was tired, I knew that tired = sick!) She was acting okay, but didn't have much appetite. I attributed most of it to the time change and getting up WAYYYY before the crack of dawn.
We sent her to school on Monday because she acted like normal Erin so I didn't think to check her for a fever. The school never called and we left her there all day like normal. When I picked her up she was sitting on the side of the playground with 3 other kids. I thought at first that she was in trouble, but found out they were sitting there watching a big stink bug! She saw me and ran over like normal, but I could tell by looking at her eyes that she didn't feel good.
We got in the car and she told me she was cold. I turned the air off and sweated my butt off on the way home. I took her temp when we got home and it was 101.9. All she wanted to do was sit in my lap and watch her Disney Princess DVD. So, that's what we did. No dinner, no bath, just Disney Princesses.
We had a rough night Monday night because she was running fever the whole night and very fitful in her sleep. (Yes, she got to sleep in Momma's bed. It was just the two of us after she ran her Daddy from the room. The kid is all elbows and knees when she sleeps.) She woke up several times and we had to keep giving her Tylenol/Advil to keep the fever at bay. She practically slept on top of me she was so close. It was sweet, but she was on fire and I way dying of heat stroke. I finally ended up sliding out of bed on my side and getting back in bed on Tommy's side. It only took her about an hour before my little heat seeking missile found me and snuggled back up!
I called the doc yesterday morning and they got her in. She has Strep Throat and Bronchitis. So, we're on the breathing machine and antibiotics. The kicker is that the antibiotics she's on are not what they normally prescribe for Strep Throat. Since Erin is allergic to 4 of the major antibiotics we got a less strong one. I think it will just take a little longer to nip this in the bud. So, I'm home again today with her.
I think she should start feeling better after her second dose. She was already perking up a little last night. I think we watched the Lion King and Princesses about 1,000 times yesterday. It's amazing how many times they will watch the same shows over and over and over!
Maybe today I can get her to watch Beauty and the Beast...it's Momma's favorite!
No comments:
Post a Comment