Friday, October 17, 2014

Early Riser…

 

Erin has always been one to get up early, but lately it’s even earlier.  Up until now, she NEVER got out of the bed until we went in her room to get her.  Now, in the mornings she gets up on her own.  It’s sort of a milestone and sort of a bad thing at the same time.

For the last couple of days, she’s requested Tommy sleep on the couch upstairs so when she wakes up she isn’t alone upstairs.  He didn’t mind at first, but he’s got to be getting tired of couch time.

We leave a little lamp on in the bathroom and hopefully this is just a phase.  This morning she was up at 2:00 and got Tommy to get in bed with her.  I watched on the monitor and then heard them again at 5:30.  She woke up and wanted to watch TV in bed.

I’m not sure how we deal with this new behavior.  She’s waking up to go to the bathroom which is a good thing, but she’s doing it even earlier than before.  I bought one of those am/pm clocks to teach kids when they can get out of bed and she hated it.  This was about a year ago, so maybe I’ll break it out again and see what happens.

In the meantime, we’re up and at it bright and early.

No comments:

Post a Comment