Thursday, October 9, 2014

Working From Home…

 

Not surprisingly, I’m really enjoying working from home. I still get up at the crack of dawn out of habit, but I really don’t mind.  I play around on the computer waiting for everyone else to get up. 

Lately our routine is to have me take Erin in the mornings and Tommy picks her up.  The only drawback is that it requires me to get dressed in the morning.  Otherwise, I would be working from home in my pajamas!

I’m doing on-line training until the middle of November when we go live.  From then on I’ll be stationed out of my van.  Yes, stand back and be jealous…I’m getting a huge work van to drive everyday.  Yay!  They take everything out of the back and install a desk and chair back there.  I’ll set up my printer and have a docking station as well.  The premise is to go to inspections and write the estimate and payment while you’re there.  Oh, and don’t forget the huge ladders and ladder racks on the top of the van.   

This is going to be different. 

I’ve already gotten the world’s oldest Blackberry as a company phone.  It’s brand new but I can tell it’s been sitting in a warehouse collecting dust for a while.  I also got my mi-fi jet pack so I will be connected at all times while on the road.  That’s pretty cool and it is the latest version.  I got a printer delivered the other day and a Bluetooth headset.  I’ve always thought people that wear those are a little weird.  I guess SF wants me to be hands free while driving and on a roof somewhere.

I talked to one of the guys on my team and he was telling me about things I’ll need to buy to do the job.  One of them was an expensive pair of roof boots.  The other was a cheap fanny pack.  He said I’ll be able to put everything I need in there.  So, I ordered a fanny pack.  But, in Angela fashion I ordered a purple one.  If I’m going to be on a roof, then at least I’ll bring it with flair.

No comments:

Post a Comment