I haven’t updated the blog in a while with Scooby and Mae status.
Scooby has completely become a part of the family and you would never know we haven’t had him since puppy-hood. I had hoped that he would calm Mae down a little and help work out some of her bad habits, but that isn’t the case. She’s made him bad!!!
Scooby is like me and he’s an early riser. Mae is content to stay in her house a while, but Scoobs is used to getting up before the crack of dawn with me. He turns in tiny little circles round and round and round dozens of times in a row in the morning inside his kennel until I get up with him. His little toenails click on the bottom of the kennel and it sounds like he’s tap dancing.
Tommy still hates both of the dogs.
Speaking of that, about a month ago the gate was somehow broken and they managed to get out at dinner time. We didn’t even know they were gone. I was giving Erin a bath when some random woman called the numbers on Mae’s tag. She was able to catch Mae, but Scooby wouldn’t come close. So, Tommy had to go pick them up. He told me later that he wished the lady had never called!
I have to admit that Scooby has become a little annoying at times. He discovered the squirrels in the back yard along the fence and runs like a crazy man after them. Even when they are not there… he just runs and barks. He has worn out a path in the backyard along the fence.
Eve, the little girl next door was over the other day and told me she wrote an English paper about our dogs. I asked if it told how they bark all the time and she said yes, and that they’re annoying! Nice. Now everyone at Broadway Elementary knows about Mae and Scooby Mize.
I try to be a respectful neighbor and only let them out for a little while and always pull them in if Scooby is in full bark mode. They actually do spend a lot of time in the backyard without making a peep. I would be annoyed at them if they barked all the time too, but there is not a lot I can do. Our neighbors have 2 dogs too and that’s what our dogs bark at most of the time. If all 4 of them are out there’s a stand-off at the fence. Josie is a digger and she tries to dig her way into our yard. Scooby is aggressive with her and tries to put his face in the hole she’s digging. I’m not really sure what would happen if they ever met up, but it sounds ferocious.
They love that I’m working from home now. I let them out more during the day and they have more freedom. The only problem with that plan are the UPS deliveries. Since I work from home now they are shipping me supplies and things I’ll need for the job. I get random deliveries every day and the doorbell is public enemy #1. They go nuts when someone rings the doorbell. I really don’t know why either. Scooby taught Mae to do it, but they both run for the door and bark thru the lead glass window as the Man in Brown walks away.
I know they are annoying but they’re part of the family. I love that Erin has dogs and that she knows there is a responsibility with owning pets. She gives them treats and helps us feed them in the evenings. Every kid should have a dog in my opinion. It’s the best kind of love when you’re young.
No comments:
Post a Comment