I shouldn’t be this excited but I just ordered Erin’s school supplies for
next year!
It’s a program run by the PTO. They contract with a service that bundles the
school supplies together and sells them by grade level. You just go online and
order from your school and your grade! They deliver all the packets on the
first day of school so when you walk in your stuff is there waiting.
How awesome is this?
Luckily Steph and my friend Sharon had both told me about this service. I
think I paid a little more because it’s a PTO fundraiser too, but I probably
would have paid that in gas driving from store to store trying to find
everything on the list. I would have paid double that price just because it
would reduce stress in my life!
It’s a little sad that we don’t get to pick out her pencils and etcetera but
we’ll pick out a backpack and lunchbox so I think we’re good. I have very fond
memories of buying schools supplies. It was so exciting at the time. We would
go and buy them then they would sit and I would want to get them out and use
them. Momma wouldn’t let us and they would sit there taunting me. I still
remember school clothes shopping and buying those new clothes you couldn’t wear
until school started. The fun and stress of picking out the perfect first day
of school outfit!
I’m already looking forward to going school shopping with Erin. It just
sounds fun. I know she’ll wear a lot of her summer clothes to school because
today they let kids pretty much wear anything to school, but we’ll still get to
pick out some new stuff. She loves to pick out clothes. Especially the sparkly
ones. Anything with sequins is our friend. I’m wondering if she will ever get
over her aversion to jeans. She WILL NOT wear anything with snaps or buttons.
She said they are boy jeans or that only boys have shirts with buttons. Thank
God our school doesn’t wear uniforms. I would never be able to get her to wear
those polo's.
All in all, I’m having a very exciting morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment