Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Little Late With the Stars and Stripes…

I’m a little late with my 4th of July post.  I got busy and kept meaning to write and just didn’t. 

We had our annual party here at the house.  Tommy got the slide and the pool out and Uncle Matt and Aunt Mimi brought William.  Mom and Daddy were here and my friend Sharon and her family came.  It was a small group but so much fun. 

As usual our cul-de-sac did fireworks even though it is against the HOA rules.  I thought maybe the Constable would show up but they didn’t.  Most everyone in the cul-de-sac came out.  We started about 8:30 and ended about 10:00.  We took turns shooting them off and sharing sparklers for the kids.

William doesn’t dig fireworks so the Ammermans split early, but Michael, Sharon and the kids stayed.  I was so glad they did.  It was a redneck kind of celebration with all the lawn chairs and cheap fireworks but it was fun.

I think Erin’s favorite part was the smoke bombs.  They would light them and throw them into the middle of the street and all the kids would run out there to run thru the smoke.  After every big blast while we were sitting and watching Erin would yell “Bravo”.  I’m not even sure where she learned that word, but she was using it correctly!

Here are a couple of pics from that day/night.

 

IMG_3290 IMG_3294 IMG_3297 IMG_3298 IMG_3300 IMG_3306 IMG_3316 IMG_3324 IMG_3331 IMG_3334 IMG_3341 IMG_3344 IMG_3347 IMG_3350 IMG_3370

No comments:

Post a Comment