Saturday, July 11, 2015

Successful Sleep Over…

We hadn’t seen Luke and Jake all summer so we invited them for a sleep over. 

I picked them up yesterday afternoon and we went and picked Erin up at school.  They immediately talked me into getting them a sno-cone.  We got home and they hit the back yard.  They played outside for a long time. 

When it was time to eat, we had make your own pizzas.  As I tend to do, I burned mine and Erin’s.  The boys eat glutten free so their pizzas were ready before ours.  I didn’t set the timer again and burned mine and Erin’s. 

I had promised them homemade ice cream but then they got the sno-cone so I thought we wouldn’t do it.  Jake promptly reminded me as soon as the pizza was gone that I promised.  So, we got the ice cream maker out and make ice cream.  I had a lot of helping hands…

Next was bedtime.  I set up the tent in the living room and made a big pallet inside.  They eat found a place to sleep and an hour later they all finally went to sleep.  Erin came into our room 4 times before she settled down.  Luke crashed first, but he played pretty hard.  Jake and Erin were both awake for a while. 

Erin woke up at 6:00 and the boys were up right after that.  I fixed breakfast and then they wanted to jump on the trampoline.  We let them go out in their pajamas.  They thought that was the coolest thing ever. 

Our very kind and gracious neighbor offered us the use of her pool.  So at 8:00 we were in the pool 2 houses down.  We let them swim for about an hour and then got them out.  We watched some movies and they’re playing in the playroom now.  Our visit is just about over.

All in all they were great.  Hardly had any fighting or cross words.  We will do this again.  It was a lot of fun.

 

IMG_3376 IMG_3378

IMG_3381 IMG_3382 IMG_3383

IMG_3390

 IMG_3391 IMG_3393

IMG_3394

No comments:

Post a Comment