Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Kinder Update…

The first week of Kindergarten is in the books.  Erin loves it so far. I am amazed at all she has learned in just one week.  They have 5 Kindergarten Rules and asked us to go over them with them at home.  I grabbed the sheet today to read them off thinking it was something new and Erin recited them verbatim!

The hardest part for her is in the morning.  They have the entrance doors then double locked doors for the kids to go thru.  After the 3rd day of school they do not allow parents back behind the locked doors unless you sign in first and have had the background check.  (Yes, I’ve done mine.  Did it the minute they told me I needed it!  Over-achiever!)

Erin’s classroom is on the first hall to the left and 2nd room.  I knew we were going to have a problem after the 2nd day.  She was too excited and not paying attention to which way we were going  even though I explained to her that we have to pay attention and get to the right class.

On Thursday Tommy said it was a total meltdown.  He got to the double doors and was denied.  He didn’t have his ID with him so they couldn’t let him back.  Luckily there are teachers all over the place in the mornings so one of them walked her back, but not before there were a bunch of tears.

Friday when I took her it wasn’t much better.  But as I handed her to the teacher I told her she needed to lead the way and show the teacher where her room was.  Hopefully she’s getting it.  Today Tommy said she walked with a teacher but never looked back at him.  It made both of us feel good to know that she likes school and feels safe and comfortable there.

Our area has grown up so much that there are 12 K-garten classes at the neighborhood school.  The classes were fuller than the school likes so they added a teacher.  To make up her class, they are taking volunteers to leave the class you’re in to join the new class.  The email said that if they don’t get a volunteer from each class then they are going to draw names from the later registered students.  Luckily we registered her early so I think we’re safe.  She seems to be adjusting well and I don’t want to mess up a good thing.  Pray for us!  (The Kindergarten class at this one little school is probably bigger than my graduating class!  Conroe ISD is just huge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment