Erin started getting homework the last 2 weeks. They have about 16 sight words they’re working on and they add to them every week.
Erin is falling behind because she’s a lot like me. She wants to just know them and put no effort into it. She got very upset because she didn’t get it right away and she missed some of them when she and I were quizzing. She gets frustrated because she doesn’t know the answers.
I bought her a Kindle Fire to do our homework on it. I didn’t want to load homework on her iPad. (That way I can still take the iPad away when she gets in trouble.) The Kindle will be just for homework only.
One of the apps I found for it is a flash card app. I love it. I put it on my computer too and I made flash cards sets for her Sight Words and for her Speech Therapy. You can add sounds to it. We’re blocking off time every night to sit down and work on it. So far it seems to be working. She would rather do the flash cards on the computer because it talks too.
Of course, I bought the stylus to go with it too. I got a handwriting app for practicing that as well. Mrs. Meade sent home a note that she needs to be working on handwriting too.
It’s like homework overload in Kindergarten. Life in the Mize house has changed significantly. We used to relax when she got home from daycare. No relaxing now.
No comments:
Post a Comment