Monday, October 5, 2015

Breast Cancer Walk…

Did my first “walk” for charity this weekend.  I’ve donated to tons of them but never actually been in one.  My friend Capri battled breast cancer this last year and won.  She had a team of walkers so I joined up with her and Amy and I went to Beaumont.  It was fun to be back there to see some of my old friends. 

It turned out to be a color run.  That just means that at about every half mile they would pour dyed powder all over you.  In the end, you come out looking like a rainbow.  When we were done we had the powder everywhere!  I even had it in my socks.  As Amy and I were leaving there was a couple getting into their car with garbage bags fashioned into ponchos.  We told them what a great idea it was and the guy asked us if we wanted one.  Of course we wanted a garbage bag poncho!  Who wouldn’t.

The best part was when we stopped on the way home and went into the Whataburger with our garbage bag ponchos on.  Needless to say, we got some attention on Saturday.  But, it was all for a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment