Pregnancy hit me hard in the last two days. I've been very, very lucky with the pregnancy and would say I've had a pretty easy time of it. We've had the placenta scare but for the most part it's been routine. Until Thursday night...my third trimester welcoming party started.
My books and a website I subscribe to have a lot of information about symptoms and gestational happenings. I scan them but don't pay a lot of attention to them unless I have a particular symptom (i.e. insomnia). Then I'll read more about it. I scanned the 7th month/3rd trimester info on Wednesday. None of it really seemed to apply right then, so it went in one ear and out the other.
Thursday night thunder struck. I guess I was just so tired that I did actually get a little sleep. Sometime right before dawn both calves seized up and I had the worst leg cramps I have ever had. It woke me up and I could hardly breathe! My feet and legs were so twisted up and locked that I couldn't move them. I managed to scoot out of the bed and stand up holding the mattress and Tommy's chest of drawers. I couldn't walk and just had to stand there until it started to relax. Ouch! My calves are still sore 2 days later!!!
And, this morning I woke up to swelling. That's a first too. It's my hands and feet. They aren't big ugly swollen, but they are still tender. I was thinking I might avoid this preggo pitfall, but I think my body has other ideas!
Now, if I could just teach Roxie to rub my feet...
No comments:
Post a Comment