Drum roll please! We're in the 3rd Trimester tomorrow. Ta Da!
This week our little darling has reached about 2 1/2 lbs and she's about 16 inches long. Her best skill of the week is that she started blinking. She's also coughing, sucking, hiccupping and taking practice breaths. The book also says she's started REM sleep which means she might be dreaming. (I hope she's dreaming about a nice good nights sleep for her mother because I sure as heck ain't dreaming lately. You have to actually sleep to dream.) Her lungs are almost fully developed at this point.
I posted this on Facebook, but some of you might not have seen it. The little old Mexican housekeeper at work saw me today. She stopped me on my way to the bathroom (about trip number 643). She rubbed my belly and told me she hopes the baby has Tommy's face and my hair. I laughed and thanked her. I'm really not sure what's wrong with my face and his hair, but she was very certain her combo was better. I personally think the baby will look funny with a goatee, but to each his own!
I started the pediatrician hunt today. I know I have time, but we all know I'm driven to plan, plan, plan. I called about 15 different offices. I'm sure I'm too picky. I want someone younger, whose practice is open late a couple days a week and has Saturday hours. I want them to speak English as their first language. I would prefer they have a Physician's Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to assist them with writing scripts. I know there will be times later on when I just need someone to call in the antibiotics without a major show.
As it turns out, Cousins Jake and Luke have a great doctor. I called his office and fell in love with the girl answering the phone. She was very nice, very helpful and really funny. They kind of have strange names so I just came right out and asked if they were American. She didn't get offended and laughed and said, with those names she could see why I asked. They have great hours and met all of my requirements. We'll make an appointment and go in to see them, but I'm pretty sure this office will be treating all of the Mize grandchildren very soon. Maybe they have a frequent flyer program.
No comments:
Post a Comment