Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chaos I Tell You

This week has been very hectic.  I started back to work on Monday and Gram and Pawpaw started their new full time job -Daycare Workers.

What can I say?  It's going to take a little time to get back in the swing of things.  It took forever to get logged back on the State Farm system on Monday.  Since I was out for so long they moved me to an inactive status.  Three long phone calls and an overnight processing later, I'm up and running.  I have over 1,100 emails.  I think the end total was close to 1,200.  Talk about info overload!!!  I'm taking this week to go thru them all and to figure out what has changed since I was gone.  I'll go back on rotation on Monday.  Here's to hoping handling claims is like riding a bike...

The great thing about SF is that they're letting me work from home right now.  Eventually, I'll have to go into the office 1 day a week.  I'm going to start 4/10s, so I'll have one day off during the week to give our Daycare Couple a break.  Not sure what day it will be, but I'm hoping for Fridays or Wednesdays.  More to come on that later.

Gram and Pawpaw are easing into their new duties as well.  They got here super early on Monday and have since tried to get the arrival timing down.  They come to our house everyday to keep Erin.  This week is our trail run.  Next week, we're going to start on a regimented routine.  I've been trying to juggle getting ready, working, and feeding her and I think it's time to have a concrete plan instead of the ad hoc approach we've had.  Momma needs her structure!!  I know I'm too "Type A".  I just feel better going to bed at night knowing that there is a plan in place.  Crazy!

Erin is being a toot and not rolling over when we want her to!!  She does it when we least expect it and never when the camera/video is out.  Tommy still hasn't gotten to see her do it.  I've seen it once, and she has done it a couple times for Gram and Pawpaw.

Roxie has enjoyed having Gram and Pawpaw here.  They bring Max so she has company during the day.  (When she's not sitting in Gram's lap!)  Monday she was very out of sorts and stayed upstairs with me all day.  I would come downstairs to check on things and she would be on my heels.  The minute I went back upstairs she was with me until she heard food wrappers downstairs.  Then she was out of there so she could beg along side Max.  (And FYI - the begging pays off.  The old people are suckers!)

1 comment: