Erin is now eating green beans!! Anyone who has seen her knows she hasn't missed any meals, but veggies are not high on our list of favs. I've been periodically trying to get her to eat vegetables, with absolutely NO success. She shudders and gags and acts like I'm killing her. She's a great eater if it is something she likes, but gags if it isn't. (No, we're still not feeding ourselves puffs with any regularity. She has people for that! Erin can do it, just doesn't choose to.)
I decided that with her upcoming birthday we were going to start eating vegetables even if it killed us both. At first she did act like it was poison, but now we will finish the whole container! We're going to move on to squash and sweet peas this week, but don't tell Erin. She still won't eat table food. I give it to her, but she hasn't quite figured out the chewing/swallowing thing. She chews (gums) and just leaves it in her mouth. Baby steps right with the baby food?
Speaking of baby steps. In one week we went from pulling up on our knees to full out pulling up to standing and now she will take little steps while holding on to the couch. It really is amazing to see how quickly she can master something.
My cousin Chelsea is staying with us this week. We picked her up on Thursday and she's staying at least a week with us. She loves spending time with Erin and Erin loves every minute of it. As I write this, Chelsea is still upstairs sleeping. I had forgotten how much 17 year olds love to sleep. I asked Tommy the other day if it would be wrong to pay Chelsea to get up with Erin this weekend so the 39 year old can get 12 hours of sleep! (He told me I couldn't do it! :( Party pooper!)
No comments:
Post a Comment