Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Daddy, by Erin Grace Mize

I love my Daddy.  He's the best Daddy in the world.  He always says that he can be having the worst day ever and be in a terrible mood until he sees me.  Then he says everything gets better and he doesn't have a care in the world.

My Daddy calls me "Little E".  He started that when I was only a couple days old and it stuck.  Now lots of people call me Little E.  (Or Littellee, if my Daddy is being silly when he pronounces it.) 

I think before I was born my Daddy wanted a boy.  He was a little nervous about me being a girl.  Since he didn't have any sisters and most of his cousins are boys, he was worried he wouldn't know what to do with me!  He keeps telling my Momma that he's going to teach me to fish and hunt.  My Momma said that's fine as long as I wear my pink tu-tu and use a cool pink deer rifle when I do it.  Momma laughs at Daddy and reminds him that Uncle Mark has it a little easier.  When Uncle Mark is out in the deer stand with my cousins and they have to tee-tee he can just let them go.  My Daddy will have to find the appropriate tree/bush and we'll both have to hope for the best.  (I'm just hoping he knows what poison ivy looks like on sight!)

My Daddy makes up silly songs and sings them to me all the time.  (Momma's favorite is the song he made up to the tune of Margaritaville.  It makes her laugh hard every time!)  Whenever Daddy stays with me alone, Momma always comes home to find him in the middle of the living room floor with me playing.  We usually have every toy I own out with us.  The TV is almost always off and his cell phone is usually in my hand instead of his!  I love my time with Daddy.  The minute I see him, my face lights up and I start calling for him.  In fact, "Da da" is one of my favorite things to say.  I holler it a lot, especially when Momma and I go to Target.

My Daddy isn't even intimidated to carry my pretty pink striped diaper bag and bright pink and green high chair cover.  I know my Daddy never in a million years thought he would be putting pink shoes on anyone, or putting matching bows in my hair before we leave the house, but he does.  (After Momma lays them out and tells him which ones match what I'm wearing of course.  He's super great, but still a Daddy and you know they don't know anything about hair bows!!) 

Every couple of weeks my Daddy comes home with a new outfit for me.  Most of the time, he actually comes home with two new outfits for me.  He says he'll be at the store and will see something he thinks I'll like.  Then he sees another something I'll like.  And then, he can't decide, so he'll buy them both.  Momma says she's waiting for her turn!

Every morning my Daddy gets up with me and feeds me breakfast.  I love to sit in my bed playing with the flowers on my sheets until he comes up and gets me.  Momma watches us on the video monitor and says it melts her heart.  Every night my Daddy and Momma give me a bath together.  It's our little family ritual.  Momma bathes me and then Daddy gets the towel ready.  He dries me off and takes me to the bed to get my jammies on.  When Momma is lotioning me up and getting me ready for bed, my Daddy lays on the bed with me and acts silly.  He thinks me and Momma aren't paying attention, but we are.

Like I said, I have the best Daddy in the world and love him very much. 

Happy Father's Day!!














No comments:

Post a Comment