I put this on Facebook too.
This year's Christmas Tree is brought to you by Acme Baby Fencing Company.
I took Erin to Gram and Pawpaw's yesterday so I could put the decorations out in peace. Tommy and Matthew got it all down and Erin was very interested in the boxes. She immediately climbed on top of the Christmas tree box and only cemented my decision to take her to my parent's house while I decorated.
She loved all the lights in the living room when we got home. Her little face lit up and she was very impressed with the tree. She has figured out she can reach over the fencing and grab the ornaments. We tell her "no no" and she looks at us with one of the red or silver balls in her hand and repeats "no no". It's funny... for now. I'm sure by the end of the month, the humor will have faded from that one. I hope she's a fast learner.
I had to cut back on my decorations this year too. I usually have stuff set out on the coffee table, end tables and in the art niches. This year the Mizes will just have to live without the Nativity scene I bought the year we got married. I think Jesus will understand he's better off back in the attic then with the 16 month old since he's made of ceramic.
We look forward to the presents this year knowing that Little E will be more impressed with the boxes and paper. We've already ordered her present from You Know Who. It should be here soon and we can't even assemble it because I'll want to give it to her!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment