Thursday, November 3, 2011

An Update!

I took Erin to her 15 month shots yesterday.  5 of them!!!  Yikes.  I have to say, my kid is tough.  I had to hold her down while the nurse gave her the shots.  It wasn't until the 3rd poke that she started crying.  She really didn't start screaming until it was all over and the nurse was trying to keep her leg still to put the bandaids on.  Erin does not = still!!  with or without shots!

While we were there they did the normal questions about milestones etc.  Erin has a nice vocabulary but isn't much on repeating things right back to you over and over.  She'll come out with a word, it will be crystal clear and then she won't repeat it.  She'll just sit there and smile at you.  The doctor asked if Erin was using utensils yet.  Oops.  No one told me I was supposed to be trying to teach my 15 month old to eat with a fork and knife!  So, this morning I gave her a bowl of yogurt and a spoon.  She's a genius.  We've let her play with the spoons and given her bowls before but never on her own.  Go figure!

Stats:

Weight:     25.2 lbs  (85%)
Height:      31.5 in.  (80%)
Head:         46.5 cm  (70%)

I was actually very surprised she wasn't higher on the chart for height.  She seems very tall for her age, but maybe her legs are just long.  All in all, Dr. Elahee is very pleased with the progress and development and said she's nice and proportioned.

Here are some still shots of this morning and below that is the video.






Roxie (Dee) was feeling left out and was patiently waiting for droppings. 
I finally figured out that Erin calls her Dee. 
She says it everytime Roxie walks in or we say her name. 
Duh Mom!




1 comment:

  1. Like she has been doing it forever. Way to go Erin

    ReplyDelete