I have to work the 10:30 to 7:00 shift for one week about 3 times a year. I was out some last week and just lost track of time. My week is this week. Yay me! Not only is it the late shift, I won the honor of working this coming Saturday all day too! Double Yay me!
I was sitting at my desk at 8:15 yesterday when I got the reminder email that I'm the late shift person. So, I was at work 2.5 hours early!!! They sent the reminder email at 5:45 on Friday, well after everyone leaves for the day. Gee, thanks. I know it's my responsibility to remember, but no one ever accused me of having a great memory.
This shift totally throws the Mize household out of whack. We have a very structured environment during the week. We have a dinner time range, bath range, and bedtime of 6:30 for Erin. (Yes, I know that's early but my kid needs her sleep. Believe me, she crashes and is out by 6:45 most nights. Don't be jealous.) But... on these weeks things get moved around.
I refuse to call people like I'm supposed to during my "work hours" because I hate it when someone interrupts our dinner time. So, I basically just answer the work phone when it rings after 5:00. Some days we're busy and other days it won't ring at all. There are 2 other people working that time slot as well, so it isn't so bad. Of course last night the phone rang at 6:45 and the lady was mad as a hornet and took it all out on me. Lovely. Have a great evening.
On a lighter note, Tommy has a ticket to the Texan's playoff game this weekend and will be going to Boston with Craig. He started out kind of worried about leaving us, but I think he's passed that now and on to excitement at the thought of winning. Most of the Boston media is saying it's an easy Pat's win, so Tom is super ticked off and ready to tear the Patriots a new one. You would think he was going to suit up himself. Kind of like the Texan's own version of the 12th man.
Gram and Pawpaw to the rescue. They will be keeping Erin for me during the day on Saturday while I work. I'm not sure if they'll take her to gymnastics, but I would love to be a fly on the wall if they do. They go almost every time and watch, but it's different when you're the one in the gym chasing after her and spotting her on the equipment.
All for now. Got to go get ready to log on for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment