Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lost and Found...

We had an exciting morning. I called Momma and Daddy to see what they were going to do about meeting us at gymnastics and Daddy told me that Max was missing. He will hide anywhere and sometimes he's just under the bed not coming when you call. I was thinking this was the case until Daddy said they had been up all night walking the neighborhood looking for him and calling him. He said they never went to bed.

We immediately swung into action. Tommy and I loaded Erin up and we went to join the search party. I sent Amy a text on the way.

It was gymnastics day and we had already promised Erin she could go so Tommy ended up taking her to class while I stayed with mom. He took her and Mom and I went to the Animal Shelter right close to their house. It was gut wrenching seeing all those dogs and cats. I just wanted to cry. Max was not there.

Home we went to join Daddy on the search. We made a flyer and Daddy and I hung them on stop sign posts. About that time Amy and Matt showed up as did Tommy and Erin.

We decided to go door to door looking for him since there was no sign of him anywhere from the road and he's so crippled up that he couldn't have gotten far.

Amy and Matt went one direction and Daddy and I went in another. Mom stayed with the kids and Tommy drove around. I went to this one house a pretty good ways down the street and no one answered the door. I moved on and was about 2 houses down when a guy came out of the house I had been to and told me that they found him. Daddy heard us and came running over. The guy said that his mom and sister picked up a dog last night and his name was Max. He was walking funny and they knew he wasn't right. They called the numbers on his collar but they were no good. While we were there he looked at the flyer and confirmed it was Max.

He called his mom and she was already at the Animal Shelter dropping him off. I called Tommy and Tommy was just leaving the Animal Shelter again. Apparently she walked in right after he walked out. Tommy got Max all checked out and we showed up in the car.

Momma and Daddy were so thankful Max was okay. He's old and frail and there is no way he would have made it through the night outside. Those nice people saved his life.

Happy endings do sometimes happen. Yay Max!

The lesson learned too is to always update your dog's tags with your current information because you just never know. I came home and checked Roxie's! We're good.

No comments:

Post a Comment