Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Going Native...

I made William a teepee for his birthday.  One of Erin's friends has one that they bought at the Nutcracker Market.  No telling how much they paid for it.  We've been to her house for play dates and Erin loves the teepee.  So, I found a pattern at the fabric store and decided to make William one for his birthday.

I cut the pattern to size and bought the PVC.  Tommy helped me cut it and it was pretty much done after I sewed it all together.  The worst part was cutting and sewing them together.  It was not hard, but very time consuming.  So, together it went.

We had to put it away because we didn't want Erin to see it.  Then I got to thinking she needed one too!  So, back to the fabric store I went.

I decided to make Erin's bigger then William's so I went off the pattern and just increased the size about 4 or 5 times.  So, her teepee wound up being big enough for Tommy and I to get in with her.  It worked out well because we have just the right amount of room for it in the dinning room.  

Here are some pics of the finished products.






I monogrammed William's name on his later, but didn't get a picture of it.  It turned out really cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment