Thursday, October 31, 2013

No Bones About It...

The quest for the perfect Mae toy has come to an end...

If you saw on FB, I posted a question about a good toy for her since she tears EVERYTHING up.  This dog could destroy an anvil!  Everyone recommended Kong toys.  We have one of them but she doesn't show a great deal of interest in it.  So, I took to Amazon Prime.

Kong makes a toy called a Wubba.  It's a Kong ball with a squeaker in it and some very durable canvas over the outside that hangs down like an octopus.  I bought it and was so proud of myself.  It got here Tuesday night about 5:00 pm.  I didn't give it to her until Wednesday morning about 5:00 am.  By 5:20, the toy was destroyed.

It was a hippopotamus with the cutest little head and nose on it.  She started with the ears and ripped it's head wide open and pulled all the stuffing out.  I managed to wrestle it away from her and took out the rest of the stuffing so now it's just a deflated animal head with no brains.  I gave it back to her thinking she would still play with it, but the mystery and fun must have gone out with the brains.  She hasn't touched it since I gave it back.

A friend of mine at work saw my post and told me to get soup bones at Kroger.  She said they come in a pack of about 6 and they're cheap.  I stopped at the store yesterday and bought a pack of 5 for $4.00 bucks.  I brought it home and gave one to her and she is as happy as a Slinky on an escalator. (Love that commercial.)  She managed to get the marrow out and just has the bone left to chew on, but as I type this she is going to town on it. 

Lesson learned.  You don't need an expensive toy to occupy a puppy.  You just need beef by products!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment