Saturday, October 26, 2013

This is Quackers...

For those of you who have been to our house, you know the upstairs game room is Tommy's room.  It's decorated in a sports memorabilia theme and it's all dedicated to the Aggies, Astros, Texans and Oilers.

I cleaned out the study and we officially made it the playroom for Erin.  There were these 2 antique wooden duck decoys that we were using as book ends.  Well, I put them upstairs in the sports room because technically, hunting is a sport.

Erin found them last night and decided she wanted to name them.

Wait for it....

Basement is the boy and Momma is the girl...

We have no idea where she came up with basement, but it stuck.  She wouldn't go to bed without giving basement 3 hugs and then insisted they come into her room and sit on the dresser while she slept.  She would start to climb in bed, then turn around to give Basement another hug.  It was super cute.

I guess it's sort of flattering having a duck named after you, but we're not sure who she thinks needs to live in a basement.  (For my NW friends and family...there are no basements in Houston.  The water table is too high and you can't dig down more then about 3 foot before you hit water.  So, no basements.)

Had I known it would only take an old wooden duck we might not have gotten Mae!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment