Since I work, I feel like Erin misses out on play dates. Of course, she doesn't know about them and has no idea what she's missing but I feel bad about it sometimes. Then I think about her playing every day with her friends at school and I feel a little better.
To remedy the no play date situation, I got together with Erin's best friend's mom and started The Working Mom's Play Dates. Avery is Erin's best friend at school. We've had them over here and we've gone to their house too. It's always on a Saturday and the girls love to see each other outside of school. Her mom and I have a lot in common so it's a good fit.
Yesterday was our turn again to host. We had them over late afternoon for fajitas and play. The girls loved it. They ran in and out of the house all afternoon like crazy girls. It was a beautiful day, so we didn't mind leaving the door open and letting them run. They slid on the slide, jumped on the trampoline and swang in the swing having a blast.
Avery had never been in one of those little Barbie Mustang cars like Erin has. It just so happened we were out in ours when they got here. Erin took Avery for a spin and they had a great time. The problem with Erin driving is that she doesn't look where she's going or steer. She just goes in circles around and around until she hits the curb. She ran it up into the neighbors driveway three times and I made them get out. She was doing it on purpose and I didn't want Avery to fly out the other side when they hit the curb!
From there they destroyed the playroom and had a great time doing it. I have to applaud them both because they're both only children and they got along great. The Killians got here about 4:00 and left about 7:30 and the girls only got in one little tiff right before they left. They were both exhausted from playing so hard and neither of them ate much. I have to attribute it to being tired and hungry. But, I will say this...it's always a fair fight between them. Her mom's favorite saying it that they're either best friends or mortal enemies depending on the hour. They were best friends yesterday!
I got my camera out, but didn't get any good pictures. I was busy in the kitchen for a lot of it. So, sorry there is no art with this post.
It was the perfect play date! Yay us!
No comments:
Post a Comment