Monday, November 18, 2013

Officially Old...

Martha Stewart, eat your heart out.  Angela Mize has learned to knit.

I bought a scarf kit at Wal-mart for $5.00 bucks along with a set of knitting needles.  I just wanted to see if I could do it.  I saved it for Saturday when my parents took Erin.  I got the stuff out and read the instructions on the label about 10 times.  It made no sense to me because I'm not a knitter. 

So, I did what any Gen X'er would do and looked it up on YouTube.  There it was Red Heart Boutique Sashay scarf.  So, I taught myself to knit!  It's much harder then I thought it would be.  The homosexual guy narrating the video made it look so easy!  The first scarf looked just like a first scarf would look.  Needless to say, that one went to Erin for dress up time.  (Or Pretty as a Princess time as she calls it.) 

I have a terrible cough, so when I woke up at 3:00 coughing my head off I decided to get up and go to Wal-mart and buy another kit.  I had to take Mae with me because she barks when I leave her in the morning and Tommy was naturally still asleep.  Off we went and I came back with 2 more kits.  (BTW, she barked the whole time I was in the store according to the workers out front who were smoking.  They were laughing about it, but I'm sure it was annoying.  I parked right up front since I was like the only customer there!)

My second attempt is still a little rough around the edges (literally) but wearable if tied just right in a loop around your neck.  My third one came out perfect!  Yay me!

The black one is my second attempt and the grey one is the 3rd. 

I see ugly Christmas Reindeer sweaters in my family's future...


1 comment:

  1. looking good-I always wanted to knit and God love her my Mother tried to no avail. I think you should do the red heart for Erin at Valentines. And another thing I don't want to hear about you EVER going to Walmart at 3 am unless Tommy is with you with a gun-you got me..!

    ReplyDelete