Anyone who has a kid who watches Octonauts on Disney Jr. will get the title of this mail. If not, just go with it. The name says it all.
I had a terrible shower last night. First off, we didn't turn on the hot water heater when we got here so I had a very cold shower. I was finishing up when I saw something in the bottom of the tub. I thought it was a glob of hair at first, then it moved!! Upon further inspection, I realized it was a scorpion.
I let out a yelp and Tommy hollered from the living room what was wrong. I told him and he came to my rescue. He got it out of the tub and inspected it closely. (There is still a little boy inside every grown man!) He was giving me a running commentary about it as well. In the meantime, I'm still standing in the shower soaking wet and freezing my tail off.
He killed my friend the scorpion and we gave him a burial at sea in the toilet. Nothing but the best for my friends! :)
My other run in with a creature was today in the boat.
I normal pull the jug lines in and Tommy drives the boat. We had pulled in half a dozen when we got to one that was really moving. He laughed and told me it was probably a gar on there. That was really all he needed to say. I told him he could get that one. So, he did. And yes, it was a nasty looking gar. He had about a 3 inch snout with those nasty razor sharp teeth. He was able to get the hook out and all was well, but there was no way I was pulling that puppy up. He was about 2 1/2 feet long and put up a heck of a fight. Thanks but no thanks. A girl has to draw the line somewhere!
I did manage to cowgirl up and get the rest of the jug lines in. No other creatures to report about Captain!
No comments:
Post a Comment