Saturday, June 14, 2014

Moby Dick...

As many of you know, Tommy is a planner and not very spontaneous.  I love him no matter what, but he doesn't just like to pick up and do something. He's more the kind to plan it out and make sure everything is taken care of before we leave.

I'm a happy medium because we all know I'm a planner too, but sometimes I just want to fly by the seat of my pants.

Yesterday was one of those days.  We had come home from the river early so I could do a work thing.  I didn't feel like we really got all of our fishing out.  So, at noon, I suggested with load up and head to Lake Conroe.  We already had the boat ready to go and all we needed were some drinks, sunscreen and a bag of ice!  Why not?

To my surprise, Tommy said he was thinking the same thing!!  I didn't even have to beg or cajole him into going!!

Man, it was hot.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky and practically no breeze whatsoever.  We fished hard for several hours with not so much as a bite.  After moving several times in an attempt to find the little boogers we finally did.  Tommy was the first to land a fish. He reeled it in and then I got one.  (Mine was bigger!)  We hit a few more (1 more for me and about 6 more for Tommy) before a storm blew in.  We brought home 6 keepers and plan on eating them tomorrow night.

Because we were hungry Tommy stopped at a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant.  We went in smelling like fish and chicken liver (yes, I did bait my own hook a couple times!)  We took turns scrubbing up in the bathroom like we were preparing for surgery.  My hair was all windblown and frizzy and my shirt was stuck to me from sweat.  All in all, I was pretty foxy.  The waitstaff didn't seem to care - although the hostess did sit up in a corner...hmmm...

What turned out to be a last minute trip turned into a great afternoon.  We should do that more often! (I'm pushing my luck here!)


This was my second catch.  Tommy was trying to catch me on video too but the fish were not cooperating!  It looks like he's flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment