Sunday, June 22, 2014

Life at the Camp..

We spent the day at the Mize Fishing Camp yesterday.  Instead of going to the Country for Father's Day, we decided to all meet at the Camp.

As always the kids had a great time.  They were covered head to toe in dirt when the day was done.

It was super hot when we took the boats out.  Tommy, Erin and Peepaw were in one boat and me and Capt. Mark were in the other.  We had just gotten settled after Mark took us deep into a creek when Erin said she was ready to go back.  The fish weren't biting anyway.

The only mishap we had while fishing was when I got hung up in a tree.  I was casting into the shadows under a tree and misjudged.  My lure landed about 6 feet up in the tree above it.  (Yes, apparently my aim was really, really off.)  I tried to get it undone but Mark eventually had to pull the boat up right under the tree while I practically had to climb the tree to save the lure.  In the end, I got it.  I totally blame the whole thing on the rod I was using.  It wasn't Old Pinky - it was one Mark had in his boat.  (I would have never done that with my own rod/reel - ;) Pinky rocks!)

Here are some pics from the day.  Happy family!


Jake and Erin admiring her new pole!
The last one is in the bottom of the Trinity River!


Triple Trouble!


Master Chef Mark Mize with his 
Sensei Louis Mize!


More Triple Trouble!


He only made this face while I was trying
to take his picture!  Toot!


Eating ice out of the cooler to cool off.
You can work up a sweat playing at the Camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment