Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Life Lesson…

 

I’ve always known that life was not fair, but now I really know it.

On paper I officially started my new position on Saturday.  It was strange because it was in the middle of a pay period and not at the beginning like they usually do.  With this being said, I logged in yesterday and all my information on the system had been switched over.  I was not able to work my previous job yesterday because I didn’t have security access since I was moved on the system.

Now comes the unfair part…

Because I started on paper in the middle of a pay period I have a week in limbo.

My new position is a proximity job, meaning I work out of the house and a company car.  Technically I should have started working from home yesterday.  Since I’ve changed positions I don’t have an new boss yet.  I think they’ll assign me one this week, but it’s still up in the air.  My former boss is totally inflexible.  He insisted I come into the office this week and work my old stuff.  I tried to tell him I couldn’t but he still insisted I come in.  So, yesterday I sat there unable to log in.  It appears I’ll be doing that all week.  I managed to get some CE classes in, but it’s doubtful I can do that all week.

I reached out to some new team members in the Waco area and they’re all working from home this week.  Proof that my OLD boss is inflexible and that life is unfair. 

My training for the new job will be mostly virtual but the classes don’t start until Monday.  I have a link that I sign into everyday to see which virtual classroom I’m assigned to.  It’s going to be strange doing it that way, but I think I’ll like it.  I’m hoping we don’t have to log in via webcam so I can just stay in my pajamas!!  I guess I could leave my pj bottoms on and just put on a shirt!!!  LOL  I’ll be ready with makeup and hair done on Monday, but if it’s not a webcam class, it’s on after that!

Think about me this week.  I’ll be bored out of my skull in an office I should have already vacated. 

3 more days not counting today.  I can do anything for 3 days, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment